Today, i will write a simple technique how to turn or make your Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 like a Mac OSx. I love Mac OS because it simple dan excellent performance. But, for now, i just have a pc. Actually, i bought this pc just to play games. I have played latest game and i got bored with Windows games. haha ~
Ok, let’s begin. How to make your Ubuntu Lucid like Mac OSx. Make sure Ubuntu Lucid installed! 😀
1. For themes I use Osliner Radience – Download and extract to your ubuntu theme directory.
2. For Panel menu like Mac OS, Use global menu. How to make top panel as menu? Follow this step.
You can update your system with unsupported packages from this untrusted PPA by adding ppa:globalmenu-team/ppa to your system’s Software Sources. Go to system > Administration > Software Source.
Click on Other Software, and press Add Source and then click Close to save your changes.
You will be notified that the information about available software is out-of-date. Press Reload.
3. And then download GPG key – You now need to import and accept our GPG key with which we digitally sign the files we provide, which makes it easy to check that the files have not been tampered with since their creation. In order for apt to be able to check this, you need the public key that corresponds to the signatures.
Once you have downloaded the GPG key, import the key by selecting the Authentication tab, clicking on Import Key File, and then selecting the GPG key to be imported.
4. After finish that step. Open your terminal to install Globalmenu package. Use this :
sudo apt-get install gnome-globalmenu
5. Now you can add your menu in panel bar. Right clik on panel, add to panel > Global Menu Panel Applet. That’s All. Restart your machine if Panel Applet don’t work.
6. Dock? yeah. Just use dock like mine. Open your Ubuntu Software Center. Search Docky.
Source Link :